So, my ta job has become suddenly boring. The class I ta for is apparently one of the harder classes we have to take. Something about building a proxy web server from scratch. It's kept me busy most of the time, answering peoples questions, or crushing their hopes and dreams of finally being done by pointing out one or more bugs in their program, or just letting them know that it doesn't do at all what we told them it needs to do. The class builds up the workload for the students fairly consistently throughout the semester, until right about now.
Right around this time, they're done with the web server, except for a few slackers, who either will turn it in for 30% credit, or won't turn it in at all. Either way, I'm likely to see them next semester. From now until the semester is over, the majority of their assignments consist of working through a tutorial, then showing the results either to me or the professor. Since most of these are done in class, I don't see many students. The few that do come to me are done in less than a minute. At least I can get my own homework done before I go home now.
2 comments:
Getting paid to study. That's the life!
The only problem with that, is my classes are apparantly on the same kind of schedule, where we start running out of things to do at the end of the semester. I guess I'll have to live with getting paid to do nothing.
Post a Comment